World's Connected: An Oc Fashion Magazine!
World's Connected is inspired after Vogue and Tabloid magazines and focus on things such as original characters dressed in outfits to steal the show, hot gossip and drama between oc universes, and more!Check out our schedule, guidelines, and more below!
|Pre-Interest Checks||12/5 - 1/5/23|
|Pre-Interest Review||1/6 - 1/13|
|Interest Check||1/14 - 2/14|
|Contributor Applications Open||2/27|
|Contributor Applications Close||3/27|
|Discord Join Deadline||--|
World's Connected: An OC Fashion Magazine is a zine made entirely to let original character artists and writers have a place to shine.
Inspired after Vogue and Tabloid magazines, in this zine we want to include pages filled with hot gossip in your universes world, your ocs featured as celebrities in red carpet looks with their hot takes, fun activities like eye spy, easter eggs or even word searches!
This is a free SFW, PG-13, digital zine. There will be no physical merchandise or purchases made. A PDF download will be available, and we will try our best to make it printable at home!Have questions? Check out our FAQ or DM us!
Meet the Mods!
Kritchit Kazgorath | She/They | Head Mod / Art Mod
❝ HI HI!! my name is kritchit and i LOOOVE ocs, fantasy genres, and writing! i look foreword to working with you all :] ❞
Jasper Evermore | He/They | Co-Head Mod / Intern
❝ GREETINGS! I'm Jasper and along with a love for space, the ocean and fantasy themes as a whole. I'm also a big fan of writing stories and character creation! Let's have lots of fun together :D ❞
Belle | Any Pronouns | Organization / Writing Mod
❝ the only thing i love more than OCs is musical theatre ❞
❝ What is a page artist? ❞
A page artist is an artist who draws an illustration for one or more pages. Spreads are illustrations that span across two pages.❝ What is a spot artist? ❞
A spot artist is an artist that draws anything from half or full range page art to typically pair with a story or fic. It can include objects, small chibis, or background elements.❝ What is a merch artist? ❞
Merch artists are artists who design things for physical and/or digital merch.❝ What is a pinch hitter?❞
Being a pinch hitter means that you are not part of the official contributor line up, but if someone drops, you may be contacted to take their place. Please be mindful that if you select to be a pinch hitter, you may not have as much time to complete your piece.
❝ What is a zine? ❞
A zine is typically a fan project where fans come together to create something for a piece of media, such as a book or a magazine.❝ How many contributors will you be accepting? ❞
As of right now, we are taking 20 contributors! 6 page artists, 5 spot artists, 4 merch artists, and 5 writers.❝ Do I need prior experience to participate? ❞
No experience is required to be able to participate!❝ Are NSFW creators allowed to apply? ❞
Yes. However, those whose portfolios, artist career, and social media presence is primarily NSFW will not be accepted in applications. Those who make family-friendly work alongside the occasional NSFW piece are allowed to apply.❝ Are NSFW pieces allowed in our portfolio? ❞
Yes. Please just make sure to tag NSFW artwork accordingly.❝ Can we submit previous art pieces for the zine? ❞
No. All pieces submitting to the zine must be exclusively for the zine.❝ Can I post WIPs or stream my piece? ❞
Please do not post WIPs or stream past your sketching process.❝ Can I post or sell my finished piece? ❞
Contributors still reserve all of their rights to their work! However, please only post or sell your finished piece after the zine is complete. The mods will give the go-ahead for contributors to start posting their pieces.
Guidelines & Rules
Hello! World's Connected: An Oc Fashion Magazine Zine is a safe for work, free, digital zine, that prioritizes the safety, comfortability and fun for others.
Guidelines will be updated and subject to change as the zine continues.
Rules:☆ This zine is rated PG-13 for light gore (e.g. light blood, bruises, etc.)
♤ All contributors must be at least 15+
☆ This zine will not be accepting NSFW/18+ only creators. (e.g. if your account, artist career, and/or portfolio is primarily made up of NSFW/18+ content.)
☆ There is strictly no NSFW allowed in the zine AND in the zine discord server. (e.g. links to social medias, promotion of NSFW posts, etc.)
☆ Applicants and contributors with controversial beliefs such as proship/profic, and those with a history of bigoted behavior will not be accepted in applications.
☆ No political conversation will be allowed within this zines production. (e.g. discord servers, under official social media, etc)
☆ Any violation to these rules will be subject to removal from the project.
☾ Page artists must do two pages.
- Page artists are free to do any type of page they want.
- Page artists may also work with writers if requested, otherwise, page artists are responsible for their own articles and writing.☾ Artists are required to have full color illustrations.
- CYMK coloring format is not required, RGB is accepted.
☾ All visual works must be submitted as .png or .pdf and at 2500x2000 pixels and 300 dpi minimum.☾ Please provide three samples of your best work.
☾ Portfolios can be via any website like Carrd, Google Drive, Twitter Moments, etc.
- If you are using Google Drive, please make sure the link is set to 'Anyone with the link can view', otherwise we can't review your portfolio.☾ Spot artists and writers are required to work together and will create a piece to go with each others works. (e.g. Spot artists will draw spot art to go with an article page based on the writers oc, and the writer will write articles on a page based on the artist's oc. 1 page for each creator.)☾ If you wish to draw a piece involving action/fight scenes, you must run your pitch by the art mods first to make sure its appropriate.☾ All submitted works must be your own, plagiarism and tracing is prohibited.
☾ Writers will be expected to write 2 or 3 article-style pieces between 500-700 words, such as an interview or an in-depth, explorative piece.
☾ Please provide three samples of your best work:
- At least one sample must be a complete piece under 1,000 words.
- Other samples can be excerpts of longer pieces, but the sample must still be under 2,000 words.
- Having article-style samples is strongly encouraged, but not required!☾ Please link to a portfolio containing at least 4 other writing pieces that showcase your style.
- It's strongly encouraged that your portfolio include flash-fiction works (e.g. stories under 1,000 words, letters, journal entries, etc.)
- Your 3 samples can be part of your portfolio☾ Spot artists and writers are required to work together and will create a piece to go with each others works. (e.g. Spot artists will draw spot art to go with an article page based on the writers oc, and the writer will write articles on a page based on the artist's oc. 1 page for each creator.)